Thelwall Parish Hall
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE (the premises)
- All hire fees, storage charges and deposits, must be paid at the times stipulated in the Hiring Agreement. No hiring will be booked and the Hirer will have no right to use the rooms and Facilities, until all payments have been made in full at the times stipulated.
- If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking and the Parish Hall Management Committee (PHMC) acting on behalf of All Saints Church, Thelwall, is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of repayment of fees shall be at the discretion of the PHMC.
- The Hirer shall, on making the booking, inform the Lettings Officer of any requirements concerning the provision of refreshments or of canteen facilities, and shall be responsible for any charge thereby incurred.
- If the Hirer is permitted to store equipment between sessions, it must be stored in such place and in such manner as indicated by the Lettings officer and only for as long as it permitted by the PHMC subject to payment of the storage charge. No article that is dangerous or unsuitable may be stored. Hirers will be responsible for insuring their property permitted to be stored at the Hall.
- The PHMC accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought onto or left on the premises and all liability for loss or damage is thereby excluded. All equipment and other property (other than stored equipment) must be removed at the end of each session: otherwise, fees will be charged for each day or part of a day at the hire fee per session until the items are removed. The Hirer shall indemnify and keep the PHMC or its employees or agenda and invitees indemnified against all claims in respect of damage or loss of property or injury to persons arising as a result of the use of the premises (including store of equipment) by the Hirer.
- The PHMC may dispose of items brought onto or stored on the premises, by sale or otherwise, and on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit, and charge the Hirer any costs incurred in storing and disposing of such items, in any of the following circumstances:
- In respect of stored equipment, failure by the Hirer either to pay any storage charges due and payable or to remove the equipment within 7 days after the hiring;
- In respect of any other property brought onto the premises for the purposes of the hiring, failure by the Hirer to remove the property within 7 days after the hiring.
- No literary, dramatic, musical, film or video work shall be performed or shown at the premises without obtaining all necessary copyright licences and theatre, film, video and public entertainment licences. No such work shall be performed or shown without prior approval of the Lettings Officer and no alteration to the work shall be made after such approval.
- The Hirer:
- Shall be responsible for obtaining any necessary approvals or licences (including any liquor licence) in connection with the hire, other than those already held by the PHMC
- Will comply with all conditions attaching to such approvals or licences and
- Will indemnify the PHMC (and therefore All Saints Church, Thelwall) against all losses, costs, damages and expenses resulting from any failure to obtain such approvals or licences or from any failure to comply with the same.
- All such licences shall be produced to the Lettings Officer before the commencement of the hiring.
- No alcohol shall be sold or supplied without the permission of the Lettings Officer
- The Hirer shall, during the hiring, be responsible for:
- Supervision of the premises;
- Protection of the fabric and contents
- Safety from damage however slight
- The behaviour of all persons using the premises, whatever their capacity
- First Aid to persons using the premises during the hire period
- Ensuring that persons leaving the premises during or following the hiring shall do so in an orderly manner and in such a way as not to cause nuisance or annoyance to owners or occupiers of nearby premises; and
- The observance of all regulations appertaining to the premises stipulated by the Licensing Justices, the Fire Authority in accordance with Rule 6, the Local Authority or otherwise.
- As directed by the Lettings Officer, the Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents.
- The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that permitted under the Hiring Agreement and will not, without obtaining the prior consent of the Lettings Officer, use or enter the premises at any times other than those permitted under the Hiring.
- The Hirer shall not assign the benefit of the Hiring Agreement. The Hirer shall not share the use of the premises with any other person or organisation other than a member or invitee of the Hirer permitted to use the premises under the Hiring.
- The PHMC reserves the right to terminate forthwith any entertainment, activity or meeting permitted under the hire that is not properly conducted.
- No alternations or additions may be made to the premises, nor may any fixtures be installed or placards, decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the premises with approval from the PHMC. Any temporary alteration, fixture, fitting or attachment shall be at the discretion of the Lettings Officer and shall:
- EITHER: Remain in the premises at the end of the Hiring and become the property of the PHMC
- OR: Be removed by the Hirer who must made good to the satisfaction of the Letting Officer any damage caused to the premises by such removal
- The Hiring may be determined by notice given by the Lettings Officer if:
- any fee, storage charge or deposit due under the Hiring Agreement is not paid on time
- any of these conditions is not complied with by the Hirer, or
- in accordance with Rule 3 (c), in which case all fees (including any deposit) paid by the Hirer shall be refunded;
- but without prejudice to any claim by the PHMC against the Hirer for non-payment of fees or non-compliance with these conditions.
- The Hirer shall, if selling goods on the premises, comply with Fair Trading Laws and any local code of practice issued in connection with such sales. In particular, the Hirer shall ensure that the total prices of all goods and services are prominently displayed, as shall be the organiser’s name and address, and that any discounts offered are based only Manufacturers Recommended Retail Prices.
- The Hiring Agreement constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer.
Signed by………………………………….. (Please print name)……………………………………….
(for and on behalf of the PHMC)
Signed by………………………………….. (Please print name)……………………………………….
(The Hirer/for and on behalf of the Hirer)
To be reviewed in April of each calendar year.