In recent years it became clear that significant investment would be required in order to keep the hall operating for the future. The Parish Hall Management Committee therefore embarked on a programme of works to modernise and regenerate the structure and facilities.
The Hall’s Regular users have been fantastically supportive and have held many fundraising events to support this work. We have also had the benefit of a number of grants, including:
- £25,000 from WREN in 2007 towards disabled access and toilet facilities, including baby changing.
- £6,738 from Awards for All/Big Lottery in 2012 towards replacing water pipes, rewiring the electrics and digging a new soakaway.
- £31,264 from WREN in 2012 towards replacement windows, doors, gutters, soffits and children’s tables.
- £3,478 from Grappenhall & Thelwall Parish Council to cover the matched funding required to qualify for the second WREN grant.
- £10,000 from Awards for All in 2014 to cover the removal of asbestos in the original roofing, to allow the completion of the WREN work.
In the winter of 2013/2014 the roof of the hall was irreparably damaged during some storms and as a result the whole roof was replaced.